“In the difficult circumstances we are called to share with all our brothers and sisters, we ask the Lord to grant us the watchful and grateful awareness of the gift received in our encounter with Fr. Giussani’s charism, that we may continue to better serve the Church, recognizing that Christ dwells in every passing instant and, therefore, nothing is useless; everything is a sign of an indestructible positivity”.
To mark the 16th anniversary of the death of Servant of God Fr. Luigi Giussani (22 February, 2005), Masses will be celebrated by Bishops and Cardinals around the world.
Below are details of the confirmed Masses celebrated in the UK:
- Sunday, 21 February at 9.30 am - London, Most Precious Blood, O’Meara Street, Borough, London Bridge, SE1. Celebrated by: Fr. Christopher Pearson , Parish Priest
- Sunday, 21 February at 10 am - Hook, Sacred Heart Church, London Rd, Hook RG27 9LA, Hampshire. Celebrated by: Rev Paul Leonard, Parish priest
- Monday, 22 February at 9.30 am - Eastleigh, Holy Cross R C Church, 53 Leigh Rd, Eastleigh SO50 9DF, United Kingdom. Celebrated by: Fr. Luca Speziale (parish priest) / Fr. Marco Vignolo / Fr. Raffaele Cossa
- Monday, 22 February at 10 am - Stirling, St Mary’s Catholic Parish, 15 Upper Bridge St, Stirling FK8 1ES. Celebrated by: Fr. James Cadman
- Monday, 22 February at 6.30 pm - London, Sacred Heart Church, Edge Hill, Wimbledon, London, SW19 4LU
- Tuesday, 23 February at 12.15 pm - Durham, St. Cuthbert's Catholic Church, Old Elvet, Durham DH1 3HL. Celebrated by: Fr. Andrew Downie
- Thursday, 25 February at 7.30 pm - Kenilworth,St Francis of Assisi RC Church, 110 Warwick Rd, Kenilworth CV8 1HL. Celebrated by: Fr. Kevin Hooper.
- Saturday, 27 February at 2 pm - Cambridge, Cambridge, University Catholic Chaplaincy, Fisher House, Guildhall Street, Cambridge CB2 3N. Celebrated by: Fr. Chase Pepper (Assistant Chaplain)
- Saturday 6 March at 10 am - London, St. John Fisher RC Church, North Harrow, HA2 7LW. Celebrated by: Fr. Graham Stokes
If you are celebrating one in your local community which is not mentioned above, please let the Secretary Team know.